Enable Remote Desktop Connection on Vista Home Premium
Edit: I have now made a patch zip file for Vista SP1 available here: http://www.unet.fi/fransblog/wp-content/uploads/2008/03/termsrv_sp1.zip (hope it works for you, it did ok for my Home Premium SP1.)
There are many nice, but also quite many really irritating aspects to Windows Vista. Some are due to Microsoft intentionally crippling their own products. One of the most tiresome has been the disabling of Remote Desktop Connection. If you have to run down the stairs every time to check whether a particular process has ended or not, it gets old really quick, and double so when you realise that Vista Home Premium actually includes fully-featured Remote Desktop service, it is just broken by design. Here are the instructions to turn it back on — thanks a lot, guys!
Steps to Add Remote Desktop to Vista Home Premium:
1. Download termsrv.zip here
2. Extract Termsrv.zip to a temp directory
3. Start “Command Prompt” in Administrator mode (Run As Administrator)
4. Run the corresponding batch file for your Vista edition
5. Allow TCP Port 3389 on Windows Firewall or any other firewall product.